Friday, March 10, 2006

Friday 10th. March

The sculpture is installed and everyone is happy, especially me. I have been pretty busy in the shed (studio!!) for the last 8 days, which means that Helen has been busy with the kids, but I believe that this work I have done is pretty special for a few reasons. Firstly, it is very prominent so it may lead to more work for me, also it has given us the chance to spend some time at Kangaroobie with Matt, Sophie, Lachie and Christopher which we have all enjoyed, although Matt will tell you that he cant wait till we are gone. Normally when we are here we have a fairly strict timeline due to school, cats, work etc. etc. It is great to be so flexible, we are like a giant snail, our home on our back, and about as quick…!! Sorry Bessie……….. Dianne and Julian are very happy with their Loch Ness Cow which has Lost It’s Whey. She came up extremely well, reeds waving in the wind, lily pads floating on top, and a very content creature lazing about in it’s pool. It will certainly create comment which is what art is all about I suppose. I was thinking this morning that it certainly beats putting on roofs full time, although I didn’t wake up in the middle of the night very often all excited about a new concept for a bullnose verandah. Doing this sort of work I find myself thinking about the particular project all the time, which I do enjoy, and it is very satisfying to see a dramatic change in a setting such as the ugly concrete water tank to what it is now. But at times I do really question my sanity….

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home