Tuesday, February 28, 2006

A week of living easy.

Well we are still here! Andre met with Diane this morning and got the go ahead for the project (I'll let him tell you all about it later!), so we will be here at Kangaroobie for at least another 10-14 days. The kids are delighted! Especially Tal, who is having a wonderful time with the groups of kids coming to the program here at Kangaroobie and helping out with all farm activities. He really is in his element here. Nipping around in the ute and getting to do what the big guys do. After all these years of coming on all too brief visits, it is nice to spend time taking it easy, going to playgroup with the other local mums and kids, swimming in the river etc as well as a few touristy things that we have been meaning to do for a while now. Went to the lighthouse yesterday which was a lovely drive and very interesting. Jarra loved the steps inside the lighthouse. In fact he loved them so much, we had to go up and down them twice. On his own of course, not holding my hand and of course with his nickname of "monkey boy" and a penchant for climbing at considerable speed, you can imagine my anxiety when we got to the top and he headed off round the other side putting people between me and him and eyeing off the railing enthusiastically! Suffice to say that I think I may have quite a few grey hairs by the end of this trip! He certainly is an energetic, enthusiastic and curious child. He has so little fear. At the river and at the beach he walks into the water and just keeps going right up to his neck until one of us gets hold of him. That reminds me ... at Port Campbell beach on Friday we saw two beautiful stingrays. They were in the shallows and almost totally hidden by sand. Good job one of the kids didn't stand on them! I was amazed at how close to the shore they were. It's now getting late and time to head off to bed. Off out to the bus to look at the chrystal clear sky, laden with stars and to hear the waves crashing. I had forgotten how little time we spend outside at night........ I have already seen more shooting stars than I have in the past year! I hope this is a very good sign. Thanks to all those that have posted comments. Great to know that you are enjoying the blog. H

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home