Sunday, March 12, 2006

Finished artwork and the domestic front.

Well doesn't Nessie look great! As you can see she is installed and happy in her new home! What a transformation. The water tank has been transformed and I am sure will become a local talking point over the coming months. Andre is rightly delighted with the end result as are the proud new owners. Matt and Soph have been great, sharing their space with us and providing the forum for such creative endeavours. We have eaten splendidly over the past three weeks and we will miss the entertaining evenings filled with Boggle and Scrabble challenges. On the domestic front we have been having a few challenges. Before we left I promised myself that I would write a REAL account of our experience and I have to admit that I have found moments in the past few weeks very challenging. I don't think one can prepare oneself for the difference in lifestyle change that a trip like this provides. I have realised that I am not used to being with all three of my children, all day, every day! It is hard to give them individual attention. To make time for each of them. Jarra has been particularily demanding since leaving. Getting him to sleep is proving an arduous task and very frustrating, taking in excess of an hour each time. He has had a lot to contend with ... new sleeping arrangements, not as much freedom to just go out the door and roam and play at will like he could in the garden at home, four new teeth that have appeared in the last two weeks not to mention the whole upheaval of leaving. Being almost two is tough at the best of times, without all this to contend with! Having said that he is still very cute and he and Christopher are a delight to watch at times together. I will adjust eventually and we will find our way, but the path may be a little rocky. On the upside, I have been enjoying running with Soph in the mornings. Every time is different. Sometimes clear and mild;sometimes mist hanging over the river;sometimes the wind blowing hard - ran by myself that morning and felt like I had done 8 not 4km! I really feel alive when I am running and I am pleased that I am keeping my resolution to get fitter on this trip. Port Fairy festival was great, a little hot, but we all had a lovely time. Great music and although it is called a folk festival, there was a wide range of music and entertainment in the streets. We didn't need to access the official big names. So now that the big project is done we will be moving on next week and the big decision is where to now? H

2 Comments:

At 2:55 pm, Blogger Kristen Hammond said...

Hi guys,

I believe Matt and Soph have a few water tanks lying around which could use some brightening up????

Kristen

 
At 8:31 pm, Blogger Sardone/McRory Family said...

Now there's an idea!
H

 

Post a Comment

<< Home