Saturday, April 14, 2007

LATEST NEWS

I am almost ready to head off to Queensland, will be leaving in three weeks today. I have about 25 pieces of art to pack in to my van and drive to the Sunshine Coast and display them at the Australian Steel Association’s National Conference. There has been a lot to organise and also keeping in mind that I am planning an exhibition in Melbourne for the 22nd. July. The next few months will tell if it going to be viable to keep going along this path. I am creating some nice work and I can see my style developing so am hoping that the next two shows will be successful.. I am missing Helen and the kids although I would not have been able to achieve what I have in the last seven or so weeks without leading the life that I am at the moment. I am very lucky to have such a great place to stay and work, Matt and Soph are very accommodating and I try to pull my weight as much as I can and not be a burden to them. It sounds like Tal and Rennie are having a great time in Scotland. Tal is very popular at school, so popular in fact that one of the girls in his class will not leave him alone and the boys are taking turns at lunch time to guard him!! The kids have a lot of freedom, different to how it was for them in Melbourne. Helen is having a bit of a hard time, There is no child care on the Island and she has to look after Jarra full time. There is also not a lot to do on Mull, so with the weather as it is over there her options to amuse him are quite limited. I am planning to head over there in early August hopefully in time for Tal’s 10th birtday. Wow, I can’t believe he is turning 10…… Will keep you posted about my progress on my odyssey North.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home